Tuesday 13 April 2010

Sex!!


Yes, it's what i'm going to talk about today.

I've never written a sex scene before, Sei and Cerys from my second unfinished novel, almost got there but Sei backed off because of his feelings for Heloise. However when thinking up 'Hazards' I knew instinctively that I was ready... ready to write a sex scene! However there were problems with this... mainly the fact that I myself am inexperienced, am I ashamed, no, why should I, as a Christian I only believe with sex with love (as for marriage... I'm unsure, I would have to think about that when I got a boyfriend) as for others, why judge?

Angelique and Rana are the two who I chose to do the dirty deed! In fact it was one of the reasons I wanted to write Hazards and I also wanted to write a sex scene that was filled with love and not lust (don't worry it won't be cheesy) and I did my research, I would like to thank Erotica romance :P

For Angelique it's not her first time (she is a concubine after all) but her first time was traumatic, I was reading this article and found this very interesting:

Call it the age of coyness, at least ideally. John Polidori, the first to mingle vampires and noblemen, wrote that his vampire, Lord Ruthven, in the story “The Vampyre: A Tale,” seduced women so that they were “hurled from the pinnacle of unsullied virtue, down to the lowest abyss of infamy and degradation.” In fact, so sullied were they, that they became wantons who cared nothing for their reputations or those of their families.


This is what St. Grieve percieved happened to Angelique and why he lusts after her, after losing her virginity and her power, she is forced to become Guy's concubine, she goes from the pinncile of "percieved" virtue (the sort of artemis type) to the sultry and disgraced concubine who turns away no one.

However for Angelique it is different, as a virgin and with the sacred spear that Reynadine gave her for preserving her virginity, it gave her power over men, she believed herself untouched. When she is seduced and then betrayed by her lover, she falls into seeking sexual gratification to soothe her pain and ends up being betrayed so much by her lovers that she ends up a broken bird and rejects Rana's pure if naive love.

In the end she is neither virtous, nor disgraced. She just loves and is loved and has sex because she loves. ^^

0 Comments: