Friday 9 April 2010

Neoromance


Phew...

Anyway, I am not someone who is constrained by their intrests to what is available in my country, as you can see from my posts about Angel Myth. If there's something that I love but it's in another language that won't stop me, I have books that I bought in German even though I don't know German and books in Chinese (which cost me a lot to ship from Taiwan XD) even though I don't know Chinese. I know google Translate like the back of my hand, and used it before they even had a lot of languages to use!

I love otome games from Japan and even though they don't sell them here, I manage to get a little dose from these two places: Neoromance and NeoRomance Love, oh and Harvest moon of course :D.

I usually refrain from playing Otome in a contemporary setting, but that creeps me out a little, why play when I can just go out in real life and do it? But I set that aside when a found a very good english Otome that someone had made called Re:Alistair. It follows the story of a young girl who plays online games, when after defeating a difficult boss her loot is stolen by a rude player, intent on getting back her prize, she tells him that she can figure out who he is in real life in less than a month as by a fluke of loss of internet connection she realises they go to the same school. It's up to you then to figure it out while finding love on the way :D.

This game was really well orchestrated, not to mention, the graphics and the mystery which pulls you in. I went for Travis by the way :P.

0 Comments: