Wednesday 7 April 2010

On Strong Women


Though I disagree with Yo Su Lan's views on Christainity, I'm still a big fan of hers. I started looking into other work she had done like "the Fire King" and "Dark Princess". Since she doesn't have an English site (not yet anyway), I had to use google translate on her webpage, and hopefully you can understand this quote (here she is describing her main female character in dark princess):

This is my favorite female role, but I think a lot of female readers may be disagreement with my views on it? @@ @ @
Female personalities of the characters were said to be not a good personality (such as echo), if the point was hate tough ─ ─ woman anyway, as long as they are not pleasant, right? ="= = "=

I just hate to pretend to be in front of men on the delicate, private fierce cruel woman too!
So, I Dakelisi definitely have the capacity of self-reliance, when necessary, she will be more reliable than men!
Anyway, this is what I like women.


Really I couldn't agree more! I also hate the idea of pretending in front of men to be delicate and I can't believe that people thought that Hui Sheng (the main character of Angel Myth, here refered to as Echo, as that is the literal translation of her name) was a bad character! I liked her, she seemed a really real character and someone I myself could relate to, she had friends but was also a loner, she was quite strict with herself and others, in fact a lot like me XD. I guess she is different from usual comic heroines, I can only really relate to the manga heroines i've witnesses who are in their own way good characters, who are always eager to please, sweet and love everyone around them and who are often saved by the Hero.. huh, actually that describes western heroines quite well also XD.

I wonder then what readers will think of Angelique and Maudlin, intresting :D.

0 Comments: