Thursday 18 March 2010

Sunset Over Imdahl


I thought I would mention this game here. I played this game sometime ago after finding it randomly on a games site. At first I didn't think it was anything special, boy was I wrong. This game though seeming simple on the surface, is amazingly told.

You follow the story of a young boy whose city has been decimated by a plague, you met a strange man who tells you you can stop it and gives you the power to travel forwards and backwards in time.

As you travel you met different people, your friends and family who in the spring and summer are happy and living their lives but come autumn and winter you increasingly see the dark side of the world.

People rob you, betray you, even those who you thought were your close friends because the need to eat has driven them to it. It's a heartwrenching scene of human desperation.

The twist is also very well done, I didn't see it coming and the end scene is fantastic. The use of the tombstone to show the future was an intresting device.

I recommend this game to all of you, even if you aren't a gamer, it's just so poignant and I'm impressed (and i'm not easily impressed.

You can download it here

0 Comments: