Saturday 13 March 2010

Character Tree


My Novel is very complex, and it will only continue to get bigger and bigger. Right now I've tried to sort out all the character ties. This is majorly spoilerific and I had doubts about putting it up here, however if I ever do publish the book, I will take it down immediately :P (you think i'm big headed again right ;D), try reading from Roscilla/Baldwin and then across, it's easier to read that way. Oh and I used Genopro for the program.

The reason I wrote this novel was to give a big "fuck you" to the sort of stories that are written today, where people in power are just, where consequences of actions don't matter and lovers live happily ever after. Also where girls are pure, beautiful things who live only for men and relationships. The characters Alys and Maudlin are rejections of this trope, Alys murders her lover for sexual gratification and asexual Maudlin uses all sorts of dirty tactics to gain political power. Really though I'm not trying to start off some "movement" I just want to write a story like the Arthur tales, you know, where Arthur is betrayed by his wife, he isn't the great king he was supposed to be, his father wasn't particularly noble in seducing Igraine. Where people are real people, who fail and have weaknesses and things don't just work out because it's fiction.

0 Comments: