Thursday 6 August 2009

Angel Myth

Haaaaaaa~ I'm a big fan of this manga (or whatever the Hong Kongize word equivelent is, oh OTAKU tell me!) Even though only the first chapter of the first book has been released in English :(. I hang out at the scanlation forum in an attempt to get them to scanlate more but apparently yadda yadda excuse excuse. I read the raws but I'm a little confused still on the story.

As far as I can tell, there's this girl, this guy who turns out to be Lucifer and her guardian angel Gabriel (everyone loves him for some reason... I blame the pre-raphaelite, though in a spout of hypocrisy I too was awed by Edward Burne-Jones's stained glass at that House I went to which I can't remember the name and was partly the inspiration for new book). Anyway turns out she's the re-incarnation of the angel of light (here the chapter in english ends) From the Raws I can see that, turns out that her previous life person had some sort of relationship with the big L. (They Kiss) Anyway turns out she gets attacked in a big white dress (I approve) then gets saved by someone, there's this other angel who was attacking her before but now is helping her. I really couldn't tell what was happening.

I don't think the story ends in the manga, as I heard somewhere that the author wrote several books around it. I found this manga many years back, when I was searching for angel art for a book I was writing about angels at the time, called Angelic Rising ( I was 14) and since I am writing about somewhat Angelic beings now (they have wings, that is it. My religion won't let me go further than that, it makes me uncomfortable) I wanted to re-visit this manga, I had saved some pictures in my old art folder when I first discovered anime and was amazed by it. Her artwork is the most beautiful of angels I've ever seen, just one look at her webpage sets my inspiration soaring.

Her is some cosplay of said stories, which also inspires me. (It's the bad yet awe inspiring dancing I think) what happens here, that I can't understand from looking at pretty pictures written with chinese characters confuses me. Why is Gabriel and the main character's little demon fighting? who is the angel the big L beats up while attempting to court the main character? I know the red haired one is Michael but I don't know the names of the others. Also where can I get a dress like that white one?? so NIIICE! I want to run around a castle in it and pretend i'm a Gothic Heroine! Ah well never mind!



Ha, I also stalk the author, I was shocked at her appearance, as I am at most authors. When I read their books, I get an image and they look nothing like that image! she goes to lots of cons in HK I think and has pretty hair which she curls. wonder if someone will write like this about me one day! here's hoping! I am a bit of a fan but ah but you'll never find out my true love ;D.

0 Comments: