Monday 17 May 2010

I've nearly beaten this thing...

OCD, is a horrid, horrid, mental disease. I am not ashamed however, I have what I have, it's your problem if you're judging me. Over the last three weeks I have been in battle with my mind every day from the moment I wake up to the moment I go to sleep, the meds I was given have helped alot but i've had to be the bravest i've ever been.

There is no respite with OCD, there is no where to run or hide, no where to get some rest, your mind is with you all the time and when it goes haywire it is HELL. It is literally hell. You have to face your worst fears and struggle away from the edge all the time.

Right now I can live with it, now and again I have bad episodes but I know that the thoughts aren't real, and that I won't act on them. I am going to CBT on Thursday and hopefully that will help me as well.

I haven't gotten this far without help, I want to thank all those who supported me on stuckinadoorway, OCDUK and Nomorepanic.

0 Comments: