Tuesday 26 May 2009

The Crusades

I am researching the Crusades at the moment in order to get some experience in warfare for my books. Of all the battles in history for me right now the Crusades are the most interesting. You have very clear cut "who is who", there were many of them and the men for fighting for a set goal. I am speaking from the Frankish side, which is where most of my research comes from as it has been translated into English and is easy to find online. Reading the chronicles is quite hard, considering I am revising at the same time. So I have been watching some documentaries on Youtube. Unfortunately they are all the documentaries I watched when I studied Medieval History at college. However this video is very cute! for crusades that is. It was written for a game but I think it sums up the Crusades also and has pretty cute diagrams.

0 Comments: